Signing On with Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication ensures the highest levels of security for your online transactions.
The first time that you sign on to online banking, you'll be asked
several security questions to validate your identity. These questions will be
used in the future to verify, or "challenge," your access to
your personal information.
- Read the questions carefully.
- Choose questions where YOU KNOW THE
- Provide answers that YOU WILL REMEMBER.
- Try to KEEP YOUR ANSWER SIMPLE
When you're asked to answer a question in the future, it must match
your original response EXACTLY. This includes any capital letters,
spaces, punctuation or numerals.
- Use only letters, numbers, and spaces; NO PUNCTUATION.
- Try to choose questions that OTHERS
COULD NOT EASILY GUESS.
Other tips/hints about the questions:
- "Sibling" = Brothers or sisters
- "Street number" = 1234 (not
including street name)
- "Musical Genre" = Type of music (rock, soul,
- "Model of your first car" = Mustang, Camry,
Jetta (this is the specific
of vehicle sold by a manufacturer)
These challenge questions will be presented to you
when you access your online account from a new location, a new computer, when
you change your regular banking habits, or when you activate other
criteria which requires authentication.
You'll see that all of the signon
pages are secure (https), which ensures that your information is
encrypted before it is sent over the internet. Together, these multiple
"factors" help us to provide the latest in online security to ensure the
safety of your online transactions.